Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Textron line up and they are now showing the Wildcat XX. 3 Cylinder Yamaha motor 125 HP, suspension travel of 18". New reviews really highlight the handling! Now AC/Textron are talking! While the new lineup only offers the 500, or electric Prowler, the sport lineup is much better represented!

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get a Wildcatt XX if the wife leaves me! Or maybe not after paying her off! LOL Hmm, I better keep my Prowler! LOL

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Looking at the Textron line up and they are now showing the Wildcat XX. 3 Cylinder Yamaha motor 125 HP, suspension travel of 18". New reviews really highlight the handling! Now AC/Textron are talking! While the new lineup only offers the 500, or electric Prowler, the sport lineup is much better represented!
preface my remarks .. I had the original 3 cylinder in a wave runner , I know the engine is different and updated but still similar ...... so with that said that was a VERY strong engine and assume will be a highly reliable and a power house engine for the new rig also. I ran the crap out of that wave runner and it never gave a hint of problem and out ran most pleasure craft / fishing boats on the water by a huge margin, some exceptions for sure. [oh BTW I know 2 stroke v/s 4 stroke and they are different but the basic is similar ]
I would have zero problems having their engine in a new rig. the Yamaha quads and SxS's are bullet proof also.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a big fan of Turbo's on ATV/UTV's, just seems like the environment would not be friendly to turbo's! But the major players have invested a bunch to do so! Still the HP numbers would be hard to ignore!

·
Registered
168 Posts
The 999cc Yamaha is used in sleds by AC also. And Yamaha sleds that AC makes. Anyway I believe it or a very similar engine is used in the Yamaha motorcycle lineup. It designed for high rpm operation. So the Wildcat is a great fit. I doubt it's long before you see a turbo version or maybe the Havoc engine with turbo in a Wildcat. It's a HP race with Polaris and Can am.

·
Administrator
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to keep looking for a powerplant for my Prowler! Sooner or later it is getting a transplant! The Prowler is the ideal sleeper!

Reactions: Stump426

·
Registered
168 Posts
That would be cool and a challenge. Turbo would be easier.

You have room for a bigger engine, it's the transmission and keeping 4wd that make a snowmobile, motorcycle engine difficult to put into a prowler.

A 1056cc Suzuki from the AC sleds maybe? But your CVT would be open and I don't have a clue what you would do for a transmission/4x4/Forward and Reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts