Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the lack of dealers close and losing one more recently I was a little excited while at Bass Pro today, I saw a Wildcat in the lower level. I told the wife I was going to check it out, turns out all they had was one 50" model. I'd really like to sit in a Sport or Wildcat X to see what they're like even though probably never buy one.

·
Administrator
7,263 Posts
Starting to see more AC stuff around here, HDX's are catching on, Wildcats are all over the DUNES, several rental outfits are using the Wildcat Sports, and the Trails and you need to reserve one to rent!

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bass Pro had 3 HDX's outside the main entrance. No dunes in this area, just corn & bean fields.

·
Administrator
7,263 Posts
HDX is a nice machine, but with all of the UTV's on the market, it would be hard to pick one that suits you best! I like the General, but at that kind of money I'd rather have the 1000XT.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know a guy who was going to trade his 900 Ranger on a General but after test driving he said no way. It was too loud in the passenger compartment, most newer Ranger owners are very happy with how quite they are and can hold a conversation without yelling.

·
Administrator
7,263 Posts
I just got mine quieted down, and then decided to open up the exhaust! Put shims in the supertrapp muffler pack! Back to square one! LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
My neighbor was shopping for a new UTV and test drove my HDX, but wanted a sportier machine. Local Cat dealer dropped AC and sells CFMoto now. So my neighbor bought a Zforce 800 and it was delivered yesterday...let me tell you this thing is LOUD. No way in hell you can talk with your passenger.
In comparison, my HDX 500 is as quiet as it gets. Even with the spark arrester removed your can almost whisper in the cab.

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In comparison, my HDX 500 is as quiet as it gets. Even with the spark arrester removed your can almost whisper in the cab.
That's good to hear, I'd like to take a HDX for a spin. The 3rd seat would be great to take our grandson along, I know if I told my wife I wanted to buy a HDX she'd say go for it, She won't go for a Wildcat or RZR because they would be hard for her to get in & out of.

·
Administrator
7,263 Posts
95% of the Prowlers we run across are the HDX's, third seat is the seller!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts