Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare stock 14x8 wheel off a 2006 Prowler XT. I found a great deal on a 26x9 /14 tire for this wheel. I went with the thinner tire over the 11 inch tire because I thought it might be more universal to use as a spare for either front or rear if needed.

However, I never even checked if this 14x8 wheel would work on the front or if it would be too wide and cause clearance issues. Does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Basically, will it clear all the steering linkages, etc. in front?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I am no help, I do know the rear rim and tire combo will rub with out spacers.
I know the stock rear tire is usually wider (I think 11 inches). This is why I went with the 9" wide tire hoping that I could use it on the front in a pinch if needed. But never actually checked if the depth of the wheel would hit anything mounted on the front wheel. Was hoping somebody may know, but I may have to go jack the thing up when I have time and see for myself.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I answered my own question this morning. I mounted the rear wheel on the front and it DOES NOT fit. The wheel comes in contact (or is at least too close for comfort) with the steering linkage. So this turns out to be a no go unless I add some wheel spacers. So if anybody else was wondering the same thing, then here you go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts