Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the install of my Terra45 winch today. I was able to use the factory mounting plate that came with it. Had to open up the area around the rollers though. After mounting plate made supports to help distribute the load. Might make some more supports. Tomorrow will be running the wires and mounting the solenoid.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
nice job....looks strong:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorrow I am going to weld on the inside of the down straps. So its tied to the cross frame. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I will be doing the rear end vent next, so I am sure I will ask some more questions. I read all nine pages last night. lol Thanks again

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great job! Finaly got some picture of mine today sorry about the delay. I like how you tied yours into the cross memeber. I will probably go back and do something simular for extra strength. I did get to use mine last week

Thanks. I am going to add some more bracing also. can never have to much. That really sucks on what you had to use it for though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know I'm jumping in on your post but can someone point me in the right direction. I need to mount a Warn XT30 on a 2011 Prowler 700. I'm looking for examples of where to mount the contactor, and do I need a AC fairlead extention. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, that's a hell of a weld job on that mount.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I know I'm jumping in on your post but can someone point me in the right direction. I need to mount a Warn XT30 on a 2011 Prowler 700. I'm looking for examples of where to mount the contactor, and do I need a AC fairlead extention. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, that's a hell of a weld job on that mount.

Thanks,
Welcome to the best prowler site,I myself don't run a winch,hang in there you will get plenty of feed back later today or tonight....(GREAT MEMBERS).:)

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I used the Warn winch, and contactor on my 2009 700XTX. Directions indicated to put the contactor under the drivers seat, I followed AC install directions and all of the wires ere correct length.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Since the XT30 is basically the same as the 1.5 ton AC winch I was able to have an AC vendor send me the AC specific instructions. Although the pictures in the instructions are slightly different than my 700 xtx, it does have the solenoid mounted under the drivers seat on top of the battery cover. The blue and yellow cable have the length to mount it there but the red and black will be longer than needed. The winch came with a mounted and remote switch. It looks like I can mount the fixed switch under the indention on left side of the dash and run the wires through the plugged hole. I'm undecided if I will use the remote since it has a transmitter that will need to be mounted. Looking at the pic that has the solenoid mounted next to the master cylinder, that might be a good place to mount it if I do. The only other thing that needs to be solved is the fairlead mounting. It will not bolt to anything on the frame mount. The vendor also sent instructions on an AC extender and a spacer kit. Since I have the AC brushguard, I may get the extender. It will winch at sharper angles vs using the spacers fixed further back. Thanks for the responses and I will let you know how it comes out.

This is the winch
gowarn.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=WAR76500&ppcfon=1&gclid=CNL5upHE0rkCFatj7AodazMAYw

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Since the XT30 is basically the same as the 1.5 ton AC winch I was able to have an AC vendor send me the AC specific instructions. Although the pictures in the instructions are slightly different than my 700 xtx, it does have the solenoid mounted under the drivers seat on top of the battery cover. The blue and yellow cable have the length to mount it there but the red and black will be longer than needed. The winch came with a mounted and remote switch. It looks like I can mount the fixed switch under the indention on left side of the dash and run the wires through the plugged hole. I'm undecided if I will use the remote since it has a transmitter that will need to be mounted. Looking at the pic that has the solenoid mounted next to the master cylinder, that might be a good place to mount it if I do. The only other thing that needs to be solved is the fairlead mounting. It will not bolt to anything on the frame mount. The vendor also sent instructions on an AC extender and a spacer kit. Since I have the AC brushguard, I may get the extender. It will winch at sharper angles vs using the spacers fixed further back. Thanks for the responses and I will let you know how it comes out.

This is the winch
gowarn.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=WAR76500&ppcfon=1&gclid=CNL5upHE0rkCFatj7AodazMAYw
Keep in touch,lot of great info on here.

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Welcome on board!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts