Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello again everyone!

2009 prowler xtx 700 black le.

came with the warn winch and bumper ect stock.

first question, does arctic cat warranty this winch?

second question if not where can i find a parts brakedown of the winch it just shows it as a whole unit on the arctic cat website.

my winch is slipping and seems to have broken gears inside it.

now to the cab

its been noisy has anyone tried putting a small layer of rubber inbetween the top frame mounts or anything similar to stop creeking noises.

thanks for your time!
-Andy/Aksnopro

·
Registered
656 Posts
Usually creaking is the ac suspension bushings.
I know that's right! Mine has done that ever since it was about 6 months old.:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
hello again everyone!

2009 prowler xtx 700 black le.

came with the warn winch and bumper ect stock.

first question, does arctic cat warranty this winch?

second question if not where can i find a parts brakedown of the winch it just shows it as a whole unit on the arctic cat website.

my winch is slipping and seems to have broken gears inside it.

now to the cab

its been noisy has anyone tried putting a small layer of rubber inbetween the top frame mounts or anything similar to stop creeking noises.

thanks for your time!
-Andy/Aksnopro
as for your winch 6 month warranty (i pretty sure ) but talk to your dealer mine was off warranty but he sent it to warn as per warranty requirements and they(warn) repaired it and all i paid was shipping charges which i would have paid anyways had i had to have parts shipped to me .
as for the noise that sucks but its the same on them all my buddy just bought 2010 and it has a sheild between the box and motor its a lot quieter than my 09 xtx dont know if its possible to put on mine but i was going to look into it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Squeeks and creaks

Also check the roll bar bolts,the big ones in the sides and all others that you can get to.they come loose and you`l get noises from all over.i recommend taking them out and putn locktite on all of them.they will come loose constantly if you dont.depending on the year of the veh,thet may or maynot be locktited from the factory,this seems to be hit and miss.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Also check the roll bar bolts,the big ones in the sides and all others that you can get to.they come loose and you`l get noises from all over.i recommend taking them out and putn locktite on all of them.they will come loose constantly if you dont.depending on the year of the veh,thet may or maynot be locktited from the factory,this seems to be hit and miss.
Yep. I've had to tighten mine SEVERAL times. Good idea bout the locktite. I'll be doing that.

·
Registered
656 Posts
To fix the creaking lube em up with suspension grease and you will be good if that is where the noise is coming from.
Thought bout that one before but didn't know if it would work or not. Now that i know, i will be trying that cause the sqeaking does get anoying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i was talking about the top rollcage bolts i was missing 2 of them after the last trip. i got more and will be locktiting them.

got the winch breakdown will be buying the parts from warn and rebuilding it myself! lotsa gears in this thing hoping there not all toast!

-Andy/Aksnopro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts