1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
All I can say is Ive had 3 Warn winches and never a problem, but the one on my Prowler the the speed is a little slow. My next winch will be a Warn also.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
What size/model do you have Joe
I had a 6000lb on my Bronco,2500 on my Yamaha Grizzly and The warn Arctic cat 3000 on my Prowler and you have seen it in action.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have the warn made for arctic cat 3000#
Only issue was the solenoid blew 1time.

As far as the factory mount it behind the grill I am not happy with.
I will get some pic's posted but real cold here -52*f so pic's will have to wait.

But to explain the small tubes on the top that attach the frame to the upper bumper mount actually bent and broke the tab's off of the frame from pulling so hard with the winch.
So now my hood does not shut correctly and needs fixed and braced up before I pull with the winch otherwise my hood bumper and radiator will come off the machine and leave my prowler behind!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mulit-mount Warn 4.0 RT

I put a mulit-mount warn 4.0 RT on my HDX. I really haven't had a need for it yet.....

I'm sure when I finally get to my camp I'll need it.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
stock factory 3000 lb , no issues as of yet

also bought a cheeeeeep [HF] 2000 lb to use on a home made removable mount off the rear ... been in recovery mode a couple times where a rear and front is a VERY handy thing to have read in "deep dodo" side hill / wet / heavy trees n wooded areas on very steep mountains where holding the rear while dragging the front around is a good thing to have in the recovery gear box ... was not looking for the same quality as the main unit just a lil helper on back while getting mysalf out of the OOPS spot I put myself in LOL you guys know one of those friend talked you into going for it spots LOL

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
stock factory 3000 lb , no issues as of yet

also bought a cheeeeeep [HF] 2000 lb to use on a home made removable mount off the rear ... been in recovery mode a couple times where a rear and front is a VERY handy thing to have read in "deep dodo" side hill / wet / heavy trees n wooded areas on very steep mountains where holding the rear while dragging the front around is a good thing to have in the recovery gear box ... was not looking for the same quality as the main unit just a lil helper on back while getting mysalf out of the OOPS spot I put myself in LOL you guys know one of those friend talked you into going for it spots LOL

Have you had to use your cheapo winch?
I bought one from oriley's for 65.00 it's 2000# and I made a mount for the receiver so I also could do some sort of rear recovery.
Just made a quick connect to the battery for jumper cables and can use the jumper cables to power the hand held controller.

Have not had to use it yet but came with a snatch block so I suppose it would work some what.

How has your cheeepo held up and what about it's performance?

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the warn made for arctic cat 3000#
Only issue was the solenoid blew 1time.

As far as the factory mount it behind the grill I am not happy with.
I will get some pic's posted but real cold here -52*f so pic's will have to wait.

But to explain the small tubes on the top that attach the frame to the upper bumper mount actually bent and broke the tab's off of the frame from pulling so hard with the winch.
So now my hood does not shut correctly and needs fixed and braced up before I pull with the winch otherwise my hood bumper and radiator will come off the machine and leave my prowler behind!
What did you try and pull out!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Myself!!!
On it's side in a nasty hole with a cracked engine case.
Think I got a pic of it in the hole on the lap top I will re-size and post in a few.

Hard to see in that pic but the whole pass side is dragging against the wall in that channel.
And the drivers tires are up in the air.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
HDX w/multi-mount 4.0 RT

Here is a pic of the front of my HDX with the multi-mount winch. I had to cut the center tube out of the stock bumper and the handles off of the winch multi-mount.

I can take some more if you guys need them. I know that the HDX is longer than the reg models

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some more pic

I just took some more pics. In the one you can see that I mounted the contactor up in the dry storage area. Being that I did that I had to use the longest wires I had that came with the winch & wiring kit. The only problem would be the color code. I just labeled them and ran with it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 87 Posts