Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can get just the rectangle brackets for mounting a windshield? I was thinking of making a windshield from a piece of plexiglass if I can find brackets for mounting it. I just bought a 2009 1000 xtz and want to try this first. I'm also working on installing a inspection plate on the rear inner fender so I can reach the oil dip stick without having to remove the seats and console. I will post pictures when I get it installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can get just the rectangle brackets for mounting a windshield? I was thinking of making a windshield from a piece of plexiglass if I can find brackets for mounting it. I just bought a 2009 1000 xtz and want to try this first. I'm also working on installing a inspection plate on the rear inner fender so I can reach the oil dip stick without having to remove the seats and console. I will post pictures when I get it installed.

Thanks
I would try rockymountainatv.com

·
Registered
222 Posts
i bought them from the dealer and i did install fiberglass windshield but it scratches easly i am in the process to do a metal frame with a laminated glass in it
if you are to install a plexiglass go with the ackrylon i thing it is called more expensive but supposevly is tougher for scratches

·
Registered
39 Posts
I made my own windshield from plexiglass....53 inches wide and 16 inches high...1/4 inch thick ..,then I used "nutserts" with stainless bolts and rubber washers to keep it in place...3 bolts on each side...and use RUBBER washers on both sides of the plexiglass with also stainless washer under the bolt,then a rubber washer,then plexiglass , then another rubber washer ,and into the frame !!:eek:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don,t know if your interested or not but I went to the wreckers with a tape measure and found that a rear window out of a ford ranger fits just about perfect! 53" across with a good taper. If you get from an extended cab it bolts in. (east to remove)
Have not installed it yet I still have to make brackets. plexy above and below for filler should work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts