Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 11 xtz and want a windshield. I do alot of trail and woods riding but also alot of road riding. I am just curious what you guys use and what you recommend. I thought a half windshield would be good enough but the wife wants a full windshield. Does a full windshield slow you down alot or not really and where can I purchase them. thanks

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Welcome aboard the best forum for the Arctic Cat Prowlers.

I had the factory half screen and it was ok but it only redirects the airflow to a different spot on your body depending on where you mount it. In my case it was vectoring the airflow right into my face and it was frustrating. When I moved the screen up then airflow came through the bottom into my chest. The full windshield will block the airflow from hitting you and keep you warmer for sure. The side effect of this wind screen is the dust vortices just wrap around and come in the sides of the vehicles and the dirt builds up fast. Your clothing will be covered with dust. As for the full screen slowing you down I didn't really notice it much at slower speed but when you get up into the higher speeds the parasite drag increases and accelaration slows a bit and you may lose some top end speed due to the barn door effect! Do what makes the wife comfortable and your life will be much better. As for where to buy the full screen I will leave that to some of the members that have the full cbas or widscreens. Give it a day or two and all of your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
222 Posts
for my full windshield i bought 4 brackets at the dealer and bought a a panel of plexiglass at the hardware store cost me 150 total instead of almost 500 at the dealed

·
Registered
618 Posts
Quadboss folding windshield, best of both worlds. Here is a pic during installation

Attachments

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Flying121 gave you a good low down on the effects of full and half.

As far as where to purchase the 11's are still fairly new and have not seen much out for them yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got mine on E-gay for a good price. just watch shipping. plexi can and will shatter. use atleast lexan. I think its makrolon. Branches, rocks, ice, mud Im still good. Go full and maybe rear in winter. It helps with heat. She will be happy and that means you can go ridding more often.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You guys running full windsheilds, do you find you need to stop and clean it often.....my trails are quite muddy in spring, the summer would be wet tree branches (morning dew) with dusty trails.
Just curious because my prowler came with a full homemade lexan sheild (not mounted). I am wondering if I should use it or not???

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ir you use rain-ex it helps but we carry papper towels.

·
Registered
733 Posts
All really good info guys!! I'm looking for a windshield for my '10 XTX.. might fab one up and see how it works out..

·
Registered
222 Posts
You guys running full windsheilds, do you find you need to stop and clean it often.....my trails are quite muddy in spring, the summer would be wet tree branches (morning dew) with dusty trails.
Just curious because my prowler came with a full homemade lexan sheild (not mounted). I am wondering if I should use it or not???
i carry a squeegy in the cat so if it gets dirty or wet, i skwygy:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put the Arctic Cat full/split/tilting windshield on my 2011 XTZ. Much warmer in cold weather driving. I got it thru my dealer so I paid dearly for it. It did not come with any instructions and some hardware was missing so I ended up letting my dealer install the top half (they didn't charge me).

·
Registered
60 Posts
i hav ethe full saftey glass windsheild, it comes with a vent on the bottom side to let air through if you want, i doesn't scratch like the plexi windows, and i also carry a sqeegy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
windshield

i bought the cat full 2 piece windshield and take the top half for the spring and summer and put it back on in the fall I'm tall enough (6 FT ) i can look right over so mud and dirt isn't an issue but it does deflect most of the water away when you hit a puddle or such .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info fellas. I was thinking of getting a full windshield and a roof. Does having a roof help with the dust coming in with a full shield or does it make it worse. I also thought about getting one made and leaving 6 inches or so open on the top to help with some airflow to direct some of the dust. My wife wants a full windshield but the dust coming in is gonna make her not want to ride.

·
Registered
71 Posts
no the roof may make it worse i started with the windsheid and soft top then added the soft backpannel now its good for dust

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a full windshield, hard top, and a soft back curtain, the dust isn't bad at all, the good back curtains will valcro down behind the seats, i know on the new bikes there is a seal between the cab and the box, but on an older one like mine what i did was put one of those foam swim noddles between the cab and the box and cable tied it in place, this helped both with dust and noise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts