Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took my xtx back into the hunt camp this weekend with all the old boys. there are 6 kodiaks and 1 sportsman out there. Once again all the old guys were totally amazed with where the utv's can go. brought a chainsaw with us but never needed to use it. there was about 14" of snow on the trails and tons of water/ice holes. I never got stuck once!! my favourite part about the prowler is how you can just paw thru mud holes like they arent even there. what a great machine!! there are a couple things that im worried about tho. like this time i decided to put the buggy in the back of my truck instead of a trailer. only broke my tail light on the truck while putting it in before we left, unloading when we got there was easy, but loading the thing to come home was a nightmare!!! ruined 2 sets of ramps!!! also, too much ice forms in the inside of the rims causing the entire machine to be frozen solid, takes alot of poking and pouring hot water on things to get it freed up, and this morning, i broke my rear axle trying to get it to move. think i need a heated shop! lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt take many pics, theyre on my iphone cuz i forgot my camera :( just running the stock tires still, probably the last winter i'll get outta them. The machine is great in the snow tho. plowed my monster driveway all last winter without any problems..

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Well, took my xtx back into the hunt camp this weekend with all the old boys. there are 6 kodiaks and 1 sportsman out there. Once again all the old guys were totally amazed with where the utv's can go. brought a chainsaw with us but never needed to use it. there was about 14" of snow on the trails and tons of water/ice holes. I never got stuck once!! my favourite part about the prowler is how you can just paw thru mud holes like they arent even there. what a great machine!! there are a couple things that im worried about tho. like this time i decided to put the buggy in the back of my truck instead of a trailer. only broke my tail light on the truck while putting it in before we left, unloading when we got there was easy, but loading the thing to come home was a nightmare!!! ruined 2 sets of ramps!!! also, too much ice forms in the inside of the rims causing the entire machine to be frozen solid, takes alot of poking and pouring hot water on things to get it freed up, and this morning, i broke my rear axle trying to get it to move. think i need a heated shop! lol

Which axle did you break? Give Scott a call at CV Retoration and tell him Seth from Prolwer talk sent you. He should be able to help you out. Really cool guy and he goes out of his way for me.

Seth

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Man that isn't good. How cold was it?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wasnt too cold. maybe -15C at night. it gets waaaaay colder than that in the dead of winter. but breaking thru the ice into the water on our rides caused a ton of ice chunks and other crap to get in every nook and cranny. i cleaned it out the night before but it still froze up. what a nightmare

·
Registered
222 Posts
Heater? Thats just way too much weight. I would rather freeze than put the weight in. LMAO.
well when you wake up and it is around -30 celcius and need to ride to get back home, lots of people would not mind to consider puting a little weight in the cat;) i know i wouldnt

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a better solution. I will just stay here and sweat my nuts off in the summer. It's a dry heat. LOL
ya ya rub it in!!!!!! we usually get a few days of -40C in winter, THAN add a windchill of another -10 on top of that THEN add the 12341234 feet of snow!!! i hate winter!!!!!!! BUT having a prowler thats EFI sure helps

·
Registered
656 Posts
And i thought it was cold here today with a high of 40.:eek: I must be a wuss:eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am going to get the boat guy to make a winter front for mine, it takes too long to warm up!
But, even at -23c, I open the door, reach in, turn the key............away she goes!
But it doesn't seem to have a high idle?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ya, mine doesnt have a high idle either. sometimes when its real cold it will fire, then quit right away. then i just tap the gas the next time i turn the key and its good to go!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts