Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to best post this but here it goes:
A buddy of mine was para sailing the other day and he was trying out some new clothing to keep warm. Most of the time he is flying about 25-35 mph. He had some ECWCS (extreme cold weather clothing system). I was on the ground when he landed and told me what he had and that he never felt the first bit cold that day. Air temperature was about 35-40.
I have been looking for something that wasn't going to break my pocketbook but keep me warm in the winter while riding. I went and purchased some the very next day. I love it so far!
It is very light weight, flexible, wind proof, breathable, and water resistant, and Gov't spec level 7. You can find it on the internet at various prices. So far I love it. I'm enclosing a link on Ebay Military ACU Army Gen III L7 Level 7 Primaloft Parka Jacket ECW ECWCS LR | eBay to locate what I'm talking about. The price on this stuff varies, but you can buy new cheap (compared to snow type suits) if you look. Google the term "Primaloft", ECWCS Level 7 clothing. Anybody have experience with this stuff?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
TBird looks really nice, dont look real big and bulky.:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...it's not and it don't weigh anything, just wash and dry it, no softeners.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
28 today with wind blowin 18 chill factor and all I had on with this was jeans, short sleeve t and long sleeve t shirt. Didn't get cold. Got two flats though, thorns.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
28 today with wind blowin 18 chill factor and all I had on with this was jeans, short sleeve t and long sleeve t shirt. Didn't get cold. Got two flats though, thorns.
jacket must work well,how did you get back with two flats:(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jacket must work well,how did you get back with two flats:(
Just down the road comin home and noticed L rear running low, after fixing it at home I checked the other three and the R rear had a thorn in it as well but not all the way down yet. Got lucky, now gonna fix up something to fix them in the field if I need to.
I believe that I got into the thorns just before getting back to the road on the way home.:D
How much snow you get?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just down the road comin home and noticed L rear running low, after fixing it at home I checked the other three and the R rear had a thorn in it as well but not all the way down yet. Got lucky, now gonna fix up something to fix them in the field if I need to.
I believe that I got into the thorns just before getting back to the road on the way home.:D
How much snow you get?
With my ATV's I carry a plug kit along with a CO2 inflator adapter. My adapter can use those little BB gun CO2 cartridges which are pretty cheap. My adapter will accept either the threaded or non-threaded CO2 cartridges, and I highly recommend this. Some adapters will only accept the threaded kind and those cartridges are a lot more expensive. This kit has saved me and a couple buddys more than once out on the trail. With the Prowlers you have the luxury of more room where you can carry a 12V air inflator instead. I actually still carry both in my Prowler.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With my ATV's I carry a plug kit along with a CO2 inflator adapter. My adapter can use those little BB gun CO2 cartridges which are pretty cheap. My adapter will accept either the threaded or non-threaded CO2 cartridges, and I highly recommend this. Some adapters will only accept the threaded kind and those cartridges are a lot more expensive. This kit has saved me and a couple buddys more than once out on the trail. With the Prowlers you have the luxury of more room where you can carry a 12V air inflator instead. I actually still carry both in my Prowler.
Great info, where did you get your Co2 adapter to use BB gun cylinders?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Great info, where did you get your Co2 adapter to use BB gun cylinders?
I bought mine years ago. So don't remember. But I need to buy another one for my Prowler as I've just been borrowing my ATV one. I know I've seen both styles at Walmart, but the one came in a whole kit which I didn't need. But for you the whole kit may be the best option. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
This is similar to the one I have. It will accept both the threaded and non threaded CO2 cartridges. But check your local Walmart. I'm pretty sure I saw one in a complete tire repair kit, but don't remember the price.

Innovations Ultraflate Plus CO2 Bike Tire Inflator Pump Only New Presta Schrader | eBay

Genuine Innovations CO2 Tire Inflator: Automotive : Walmart.com
DO NOT get this Genuine Innovations C02 tire inflator. I picked one up at Walmart today for $11 and was pretty psyched about the deal. Only to come and find out that this unit takes fatter 16 gram cartridges. The standard cheap BB gun cartridges are thinner 12 grams. They do not work well in this unit. I tested the fit in both my old unit and this one. The 16 gram cartridge wouldn't even fit in my old unit, as the CO2 cartridge was too fat. But the 12 gram BB gun fits perfectly in it. The 12 gram cartridge fits too loose in this new Genuine Innovations unit. So I would not recommend it. I would shop around for a unit which specifically states that it accepts the 12 gram unthreaded CO2 cartridges so you can get them cheap. Sorry for misleading everyone and recommending it. I was not aware. I will be returning it and shopping for a different one.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
co2

let us know where you find one at.i was gonna get one from wal-mart.:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is similar to the one I have. It will accept both the threaded and non threaded CO2 cartridges. But check your local Walmart. I'm pretty sure I saw one in a complete tire repair kit, but don't remember the price.

Innovations Ultraflate Plus CO2 Bike Tire Inflator Pump Only New Presta Schrader | eBay

Genuine Innovations CO2 Tire Inflator: Automotive : Walmart.com
...been researching this somewhat on Wally's site, a lot of Walmart stores do not carry this, but you can order it. Are the small electric pumps worth getting?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
... Are the small electric pumps worth getting?
I have the lil compact Slime electric and it works like a champ ... used it a bunch and it keeps on ticking . BTW got it a Wally World also

it's size is about 6"x6"x 3" [in the case] so fits most everywhere for storage , has a nice lil case and pumps enough air to inflate a UTV tire in a couple min. when this one quits working i'll buy another one

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
DO NOT get this Genuine Innovations C02 tire inflator. I picked one up at Walmart today for $11 and was pretty psyched about the deal. Only to come and find out that this unit takes fatter 16 gram cartridges. The standard cheap BB gun cartridges are thinner 12 grams. They do not work well in this unit. I tested the fit in both my old unit and this one. The 16 gram cartridge wouldn't even fit in my old unit, as the CO2 cartridge was too fat. But the 12 gram BB gun fits perfectly in it. The 12 gram cartridge fits too loose in this new Genuine Innovations unit. So I would not recommend it. I would shop around for a unit which specifically states that it accepts the 12 gram unthreaded CO2 cartridges so you can get them cheap. Sorry for misleading everyone and recommending it. I was not aware. I will be returning it and shopping for a different one.
I was doing some searching online and I came across this little trick that makes the 12 gram CO2 cartridges work with these Genuine Innovations units. The trick is you put a penny at the bottom of the tube and then put your 12 gram cartridge on and screw it into the head. It actually works as I tested it this morning. With the penny in there it helps the 12 gram seat all the way. So just some info for you.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have the lil compact Slime electric and it works like a champ ... used it a bunch and it keeps on ticking . BTW got it a Wally World also

it's size is about 6"x6"x 3" [in the case] so fits most everywhere for storage , has a nice lil case and pumps enough air to inflate a UTV tire in a couple min. when this one quits working i'll buy another one
I carry both a 12v pump and a CO2 inflator in my Prowler. The pump is just one I stole out of one of those emergency roadside kits. I'll check out that slime pump you are talking about....

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I carry a little pump also i think it come from sears looks alot like that slime pump,works great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts