Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... got any tips. I have tried 2 types of string with either a knot or a piece of foam at one end. I tried to vacuum it through, i tried to blow it through with a compressor, i tried to blow and vacuum...no luck, my string gets stuck in a ball in the cage then its a PITA to get out!! very sucky so far!! :mad:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Dont know much about wiring but one of those plumbing snakes comes to mind. There pretty stiff. Maybe you can try that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
.035 mig welder wire works really well . allows you to push it with out it bending and binding up make a small loop in the end of it that you are feeding thru the pipe . that wat it isnt sharp and catching in any burrs or welds. mechaincs wire ( baling wire ) works fair not as ridgid

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks for the input guys. I talked to a couple cage builders and they too recommended welding wire. I just hope my 1/2 inch bore holes arent too small..will give her a shot tonight!

SPlit

·
Registered
491 Posts
and remeber when running more than one wire , to make sure your wires are straightened before you try to run them in the hole or they will try to coil back up once in the hole . try using a silicon spray lube on the wires too , it dosent leave a oily residue that dirt will attach to . did you make sure the holes are clean and smooth of any burrs on the inside ?

the prep makes all the diff when running wires !

call me if ya need any advice , i may not be able to fix an oil leak but i CAN wire a cage !!!!:rolleyes:
matt

·
Registered
463 Posts
are the holes your fishing thru deburred? if not you will have problems fishing and later chaffing thru the wires causing a short. I allways use kite string with a small nut on the end and a big shop vac.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
ok, thanks for the input guys. I talked to a couple cage builders and they too recommended welding wire. I just hope my 1/2 inch bore holes arent too small..will give her a shot tonight!

SPlit
Jeez why didn't I think of that? Lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
[email protected] Matt..thats funny bro! cant fix a leak but can wire a cage...i dont remember deburring but i got everything pretty smooth... we'll give it a shot! split

stick your finger ,or ......in there and make sure its smooth inside or you will cut the wires . when your done slide some heat shrink around all of the wires coming out of the holes , that helps hold all of them together securly and makes a cleaner install than tape! also seal the holes up around the wires with silicon just enough to seal the hole and still be able to pull the wires out if you had to in the future

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes..all..Todd (aka Flyin121) also said use a welding gun/wire!!! :D Hey man, i wouldnt doubt you! We'll see if it works in about 2 hours. $

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Ok guys... got any tips. I have tried 2 types of string with either a knot or a piece of foam at one end. I tried to vacuum it through, i tried to blow it through with a compressor, i tried to blow and vacuum...no luck, my string gets stuck in a ball in the cage then its a PITA to get out!! very sucky so far!! :mad:
What is use at work and it gives me the best results so far is a spedo calbe. The old school manually operated speedometer cable. It's flexable but won't bend.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts