Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed out now to get my prowler going after a weekend of riding in the dust with a cracked intake boot :( I'm going to run a compression test to see where I'm at... hope I didn't scuff it up too the point where I need a re-build... I'll update after the weekend... fingers crossed I wanna spend time riding not fixing! lol

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good Luck,Keep us posted

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good luck and don't get to worked up! Probably nothing to worry about! BUT look at the bright side..If something is wrong that's just more for Desertcat to talk about toward top poster!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good news folks! I did the compression test this morning after installing all the new parts and I'm well above spec! looks like she's running tight and good to go for another weekend.. now its time for me to get out on the trail and put some serious miles on! Cheers,
Mitch

·
Registered
412 Posts
Lol.. Anytime!! Great to hear there was not damage!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been a hell of a good summer for riding this year, unfortunatley I'm down and out needing an ignition coil (I think) :( With house reno's and body\paint job on the truck, the ol Prowler had to take a back seat on the priority list....
Where are you located in NB? The reason I ask is I would like to see how you did your snorkle set up. Fall is coming upon us and it's my favorite time of year to get out on the trails.

Thanks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been a hell of a good summer for riding this year, unfortunatley I'm down and out needing an ignition coil (I think) :( With house reno's and body\paint job on the truck, the ol Prowler had to take a back seat on the priority list....
Where are you located in NB? The reason I ask is I would like to see how you did your snorkle set up. Fall is coming upon us and it's my favorite time of year to get out on the trails.

Thanks.
My Prowler sleeps in lower coverdale, just outside of Moncton. I ride up around caledonia mountain/fundy area. If you're close enough you could definitely stop in some time and take a look or if you wanted, I could make you a list of supplies needed and you could go at it. Another option, bring it down and I could help you out with the build. Now that I know what to do the figuring out part is done and I've got most of the kinks worked out, it would just be a matter of drilling a couple holes and rigging up the snorkels. could be done in about an hour and a half. Is yours the 700 efi?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
did you at least change the oil and filter after this dirt was introduced to the engine ??

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
did you at least change the oil and filter after this dirt was introduced to the engine ??
Oh yeah I did a full oil change including filter, installed a new spark plug, fully cleaned and oiled my air filter, cleaned the air box and elbow from air box to throttle body and added injector cleaner to my fuel tank just in case.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My Prowler sleeps in lower coverdale, just outside of Moncton. I ride up around caledonia mountain/fundy area. If you're close enough you could definitely stop in some time and take a look or if you wanted, I could make you a list of supplies needed and you could go at it. Another option, bring it down and I could help you out with the build. Now that I know what to do the figuring out part is done and I've got most of the kinks worked out, it would just be a matter of drilling a couple holes and rigging up the snorkels. could be done in about an hour and a half. Is yours the 700 efi?
06 xt 650 H1... so I'm gonna to figure out proper jetting. I have a huge list of stuff I would like to get done (after she is runnin again)
-snorkles
-clutch kit
-New wheels (or find 2 oem rear wheels that match my old oem's)
-If I do need to buy a igniton coil, I think I'm gonna get one from Dynatek w/ a new cdi and rev box

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
06 xt 650 H1... so I'm gonna to figure out proper jetting. I have a huge list of stuff I would like to get done (after she is runnin again)
-snorkles
-clutch kit
-New wheels (or find 2 oem rear wheels that match my old oem's)
-If I do need to buy a igniton coil, I think I'm gonna get one from Dynatek w/ a new cdi and rev box
Clutching will really help your buggy work better. I highly recommend getting the clutches machined, best performance bang for your buck without losing top end. Which rims do you need? I have a front and a back off my 2010 xtx, they're fairly new only had around 36 km's on them. They were replaced by insurance after I had a rollover and I think they're both still straight, just scratched up a little. Not sure if they will match up with yours or not but I have em if you're interested. Also I think the dynatek coils may be around the same price or maybe even cheaper so probably a good option for sure. There is some folks on here that could definitely help you out with your jetting for the snorkels for sure.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks to the help from the guys on here I got my snorkels installed. Left the stock intake on, and ran 1.5" intake snorkel. Seem to do fine and I haven't jetted at all. But I also haven't had them on the trails yet. Still waiting for my clutch. I aslo have the Dynatek FS CDI with and AMR Monster coil and love em!!

Mitch, If he doesn't want those wheels and I can find out if they fit my 08 xt I would love to have them! I've been looking everywhere for a set.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts