Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 08 650 that runs great as long as you start it every day or so if it sets a week you must pull the cover and pump the primer on the carb . anyone have any sugestions :confused:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nature of the beast

Some have run a chain or cable out through the cover so they don't have to dismantle everything to get to the primer.

When I had my 650 I just let it cycle, hit the key for 15 seconds, shut the key off, cycle again, and crank again. Usually started every time doing it this way. Occasionally would have to do it a 3rd time though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I agree. After cycling and turning it over for several seconds, mine usually starts the first or second time. But i have never noticed a pump or primer on my carb.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is very hard to see but it is there, Take off the dog house cover and look from the drivers side under, and behind the idle adjustment cable.
Like i said it is very hard to see...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks Dnspream. I'll check it out and see if i can find it. Never needed it but would like to know where it is anyway.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I would run 91 octane the cost is little with how much fuel the Prowlers use and it is better
Only use non oxygenated fuel, The ethonal stuff will do nothing but gum up your equipment, thus the reason for sea foam, and other cleaning chemicals.
If you use the non oxygenated fuel most wont have the guming problems that frequently ocure with todays fuels..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts