Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 A/C Prowler. It will not start. It does get spark, it does feed gas into the carburetor, the spark plug is dry though. The starter is cranking as normal. It occurred while driving, it made a noise, not a backfire but a "poofing" noise and will not restart. Compression was at 34. Just got it back from the shop where they had to do a warranty replacement to the clutch spring, basket, belt etc. Ran fine for about....10 hours. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a starting problem with my 06 but it never just died on me. What happened was it would be running fine, i would shut it off and it wouldnt refire. after checking everthing i noticed the charging sytem wasnt charging properly it would lose charge as you reved the motor insted of gain charge and do some other non typical things like it seemed sometimes the timming was off. It sounded like it would acctually hick up some times. I tried a coil first but that didnt work because it happened again, So after more research thought it might be the stater. I have sinse changed out the stater and havent had a problem since...............knock on wood.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks for the input, appreciate it. So far talking with the a couple of shops the key seems to be the low compression. It's one of those... I know that's the problem I just don't want to admit it because the cost to fix it is higher than a starter or coil, I will update when the problem is resolved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts