Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of you switch out to aftermarket seats and harnesses. I was wondering if any of you still have your factory seat belts that you would be willing to part with for cheap. I have a 2006 Prowler 650 that I'm looking for belts. If you have some, send me a PM....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check and get back wit you soon
Appreciate it.... I'm still waiting to see those pictures of your Prowler with the cage.....;)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Need some measurements.

JC whitney has lots to choose from with reasonable prices.
So I looked at JC Whitney and did a search under AC Prowler, and it listed a couple options that would work. But there were also some other ones that weren't listed that look like they should work as well.

So I was wondering if one of you guys with stock seat belts could give me some measurements for reference (since I've never had the stock belts to compare).

1. What is the length of the fixed belt from the mounting hole?
2. What is the length of the adjustable belt fully extended and I guess shortened from the mounting hole?

These measurements would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
So I looked at JC Whitney and did a search under AC Prowler, and it listed a couple options that would work. But there were also some other ones that weren't listed that look like they should work as well.

So I was wondering if one of you guys with stock seat belts could give me some measurements for reference (since I've never had the stock belts to compare).

2. What is the length of the adjustable belt fully extended and I guess shortened from the mounting hole?

I'll head to the shed and get some #s for you tomorrow when I sober up.

Happy New Year!

What are you doing with these? Replacing stock? adding rear seats?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll head to the shed and get some #s for you tomorrow when I sober up.

Happy New Year!

What are you doing with these? Replacing stock? adding rear seats?
Appreciate it. Just debating on installing them on the front seats for now. Original owner put some harnesses in there. I know they are better, but they are just kind of bulky and cumbersome. Was just curious what it was like with the stockers. I don't "need" them (reason for not wanting to spend a lot of money), but was curious how I would like them.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Trail riding I think stockers are the way to go.

I did install the new style 3pt. belts on the old xt.
I think it's much better than the lap belts.

With the harness you can not lean forward and check front tire clearance or reach back to straighten out the kid's.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
-42*f outside right now so I'll see if I can find the old stockers real quick.

Might just take me a day or 2 to find them.
Think I know what box to look for though so that will help.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trail riding I think stockers are the way to go.

I did install the new style 3pt. belts on the old xt.
I think it's much better than the lap belts.

With the harness you can not lean forward and check front tire clearance or reach back to straighten out the kid's.
My Prowler (when I get it fixed) will primarily be used for hauling the family around the mountain trails (when I get a rear cage and seat) or for hauling the hunting buddies around the mountain trails. I wouldn't mind the 3 pt belts if you are talking about having a lap and shoulder belt. Are they a direct bolt in, or do you have to mod anything?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Had to fab a bracket for the shoulder strap to mount.

Got them on here from a member for $100 I think.
Then moved the lap belts to the back seat.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Anybody have a chance to measure your factory seat belts yet? Would like to know the lengths in case I try to order some aftermarket belts.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Questions:

1. Does anybody out there have your OEM stock seat belts you are interested in parting with for an affordable price or even trading for my 4 point harnesses)?

2. If not, can somebody point me in the right direction to find replacement seat belts? The trick here is I want the mechanical latch side to be the kind that is stiff and stands upright. I don't want the floppy kind where it falls behind the seat and I have to search for it every time. I want it to be right there standing at attention....:)

Any help in this matter appreciated......

If interested in a trade, my harnesses are the 3 inch. They are black and the brand says Tiger on it.... I might even be interested in trading for your 2" harnesses if you are looking for 3".

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have stock belts off of a xtz that was removed after about 100 miles. Make me a offer and include shipping from 45612. I put 4 points on it. My prowler was stolen and I would have to make sure the insure co don't want them but they prob won't.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have stock belts off of a xtz that was removed after about 100 miles. Make me a offer and include shipping from 45612. I put 4 points on it. My prowler was stolen and I would have to make sure the insure co don't want them but they prob won't.
Is it the same looking belts that Riddler has pictured above? I assume they have the upright buckles on the one side? If I went that route, I'd have to see if I can get somebody to weld me on some sort of mounting bracket. I'm not sure what a fair price is. If you want to PM me, we can possibly discuss what you were thinking on price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts