Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

Wtb xtz motor or top end

8K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  de3 
#1 ·
Looking for a xtz 1000 in need of top end or parts motor thank you

#5 ·
I would only do that if you wanted a reliable motor and trans and you wanted to make real horsepower. But then that would take away from all the long days fixing things in a 120 degree garage.

#6 ·
Isn't a machine with a Rotax motor in it called a Commander?? lol

#9 ·
I just checked and there is some XTZ engine cyl heads and stuff on Ebay.

#10 ·
Thanks for the help guys long story short a year ago i took my xtz into the dealer i smoked my clutch i didnt really know alot mechanical wise and was pretty trusting i guess well i was given an outrageous estimate to have it fix so i said i would hold off till i had the cash so i picked up my Prowler torn apart with the motor on the floorboard and stuck it in the garage for a year i decided i needed to get it running again to it to a local shop and within five mins of looking at it said i was missing the throttle body injectors intake assembly everything that bolts on top of the heads so i called him out on it and all he could say was its been so long he doesn't even remember wat it was in for and that all he could say is that the tech that worked on it and previous bikes no longer works there

#14 ·
I talked to Adrian today.

He needs a throttle body assembly with plenums and injectors and sensors complete. He also needs the entire intake assembly with all the plastic intake tubes and the dual air filter set up etc... I have all that but I am leaning towards him just getting a good UNI filter with a 90 degree elbow. What do you guys think? He also need a primary clutch and some other clutch parts. I have him covered on most of this stuff but does any one have a map sensor as the only extra one I have is cracked?

Don't worry Adrian we will get you up and running.

#15 ·
jeez with that much crap gone i'd be in that dealers face...o course if you took it from them apart w/o an inventory...i'd swap out my filter if my stuff was gone for sure...not a big fan of those in the desert but he should be good. good luck

#22 ·
I am new to the xtz's but I bought a 2010 and the trans came apart and cracked the bottom case. Please tell me more about changing motor to a rotax? I have a ds 650 with the rotax in it and its awesome! How can I put a rotax 1000 in a xtz does everything line up and what about the elctronics?

#23 ·
There's a member on here that put a 800 Rotax in a 650 prowler his name is sandchris,or you could try and get of hold of flying121 he might know how to get a hold of him.If I remember right the best thing to do is try to find a wrecked Quad and use the motor and wiring off of it.

#24 ·
Just saw a bunch oh 1000 top end parts on Ebay

#25 ·
It's a lot more involved then that. If you don't have time and the know how it wouldn't be worth doing it. The new Gen 3 and Gen 4 XTZ motors seem to be holding up fine. I have a gen 3 with some time on it and 12 psi of boost and it's holding up so far.

#26 ·
what did you do to that engine to hold the cylinder pressure Todd ?? ... stud size increase, and a blow off valve or what

#28 ·
I believe fuel management is the most important piece to the puzzle when you run boost and my car seems to work well with the auto tune. I am not 100% comfortable with the non military type wires and connectors that Power Commander uses and if one lets go from vibration and or bumps I hope things stay together. Supposedly the default map that I built will continue to run if the PCV has issues.

#29 ·
understand well of what you speak ... I have seen 117 lbs of boost in my lil PEECUP twin turbo rig .. I have oversized 14mm head studs machined into my block v/s the 12mm stock head bolts .. been on the same head gasket since installing the twins about 50K miles ago ... back to that lucky thing LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.