Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I just ordered the UHWM bushings from Rick tonight. They will be here in a few days. I will report back once I have them in and tested them. Rick is a great guy to deal with and if you want to talk cars, bikes, or machines with a guy for an hour he's the one to call. I have dealt with many businesses in my 3 years building my XTZ and have been let down by a few of them but after my conversation with Rick tonight I feel pretty comfortable recommending him. Many members have dealt with him and it appears that they are all happy with his UHMW bushings. Rick has taken over for Sanny who used to be the go to guy for Arctic Cat bushings. Thanks for keeping the bushings available for the members Rick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good deal these are the same as sammy's correct?

Yes they are the same as Sanny's old bushings

What model Prowler bushings do yo have?

I have them for all the models.

I just ordered the UHWM bushings from Rick tonight. They will be here in a few days. I will report back once I have them in and tested them. Rick is a great guy to deal with and if you want to talk cars, bikes, or machines with a guy for an hour he's the one to call. I have dealt with many businesses in my 3 years building my XTZ and have been let down by a few of them but after my conversation with Rick tonight I feel pretty comfortable recommending him. Many members have dealt with him and it appears that they are all happy with his UHMW bushings. Rick has taken over for Sanny who used to be the go to guy for Arctic Cat bushings. Thanks for keeping the bushings available for the members Rick.
Thanks for the kind words, you will be very pleased with these bushings I'm sure.
And your welcome, I'm glad to be of service.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm new to the Prowlers. Can somebody fill me in on what is wrong with the OEM and why I would want these? Any pictures or price info?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I'm new to the Prowlers. Can somebody fill me in on what is wrong with the OEM and why I would want these? Any pictures or price info?

The OEM (rubber) bushings don't last, they get soft, rot and egg shaped real fast. The bushings I build won't do that because I use a far superior product to make them from (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene).

I have pictures posted here and I can pm you the pricing if you want or you can also email me at [email protected] if you have any questions that I can answer for you, I'll be glad to help anyway I can.
Link: http://www.prowlertalk.net/forums/arctic-cat-prowler-suspension-discussions/3776-arm-shock-bushings-2.html

Below is some information about the material I use.

Description:
UHMW (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) performs well under the most rigorous conditions of wear and environment because of its unique combination of physical and mechanical properties. Not only does it have the highest known impact strength of any thermoplastic current available, but it offers high resistance to abrasion. UHMW has a very low coefficient of friction and extremely low moisture absorption, making it ideal for industrial wear, impact and sliding applications. UHMW is non-toxic, odorless, tasteless and FDA approved for direct contact in meat or poultry processing. It is easily machine sawed, milled, turned, planed, drilled or punched. UHMW is commonly used in the mining, pulp & paper, chemical and food & beverage industries.

Applications:
  • Gears
  • Bushings
  • Bearings
  • Wear surfaces
  • Conveyor parts
  • Liners
  • Impact surfaces
  • Feed screws
Features:

• High Impact Strength
  • High Abrasion Resistance