Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of the 14" ITP wheels and a set of Mudlite radials on my 2010 XTX 700 and I don't think the studs are long enough. I've managed to strip the first 3 or 4 threads off 3 studs. No impact was involved in this incident. I don't thin the lug nut is getting ahold go enough threads to do any good with the thicker itp wheels. I'll take any and all advice on how to remedy this problem.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are two lengths of studs. I had to get longer ones when I switched to itp wheels on an old Atv a few years back. It's a cheap option to get longer studs and swap them out if that's your issue.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
yes x2 I also had to do that myself.........very easy to do

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Do you have a part number or specs. on the wheel studs? Might want to add to my road kit!

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
or if the material is thick enough … machine down the surface the get additional threads , but you'd better have some thick material there

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
or if the material is thick enough … machine down the surface the get additional threads , but you'd better have some thick material there
on my sti bead locks i had plenty of threads,but they were for the prowler,was the itp's listed for a prowler or just 115 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm pretty sure mine were just ordered for the 115 pattern. They were actually on a demo machine the dealer had taken to the Mud Natls. up at Jacksonville, so I got a heck of a deal on them. A couple of days of wear and I got them at his cost. They were on a big ATV, not a prowler. Any idea what the measurements on those longer studs are? And where's the best place to get some?(auto parts or AC dealership?)

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
Prowler studs are Metric M10X1.25, have to be careful with longer studs bottoming out. Not sure if an open lug nut is available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
take one out and take it to a dealer to match up one a little longer. the back sholder may be a little def. but they will work I got mine at a Honda shop

·
Registered
22 Posts
where are you in East Texas. I have ITP rims on my prowler also. I had a couple missing the lugs nuts. Further inspection mine were stripped.

I just ordered the studs direct from Arctic Cat and they worked fine. Might be your lug nuts causing problems. I bought the lug nuts on Ebay for pretty cheap for the set around $20 I beleive.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
where are you in East Texas. I have ITP rims on my prowler also. I had a couple missing the lugs nuts. Further inspection mine were stripped.

I just ordered the studs direct from Arctic Cat and they worked fine. Might be your lug nuts causing problems. I bought the lug nuts on Ebay for pretty cheap for the set around $20 I beleive.
Good info bornforit........................:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in the Lufkin area. I solved my wheel stud problem. I couldn't find any long enough locally for the Prowler so I took one to the local Yamaha dealership and compared it to what they had and wound up using Rhino studs. They were a little longer and the same thread as the Prowler. The only problem was the splines on the rhino studs were slightly larger so, I drilled the holes out by about 2 drill bit sizes larger and they worked great. Plenty long, and no bottoming out. Now if I break one, it'll be easy to get my hands on replacements here locally.

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
good idea!!!!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm in the Lufkin area.
Good to have someone from East Texas on the board. I have some family close to you. I am in Longview myself.

Understand about getting parts. Only complaint I have is no one around with the knowledge and parts. They just opened a dealer here, but they do not carry hardly very many parts. Actually had the brake pads for the rear axle which suprised the heck out of me.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
I'm in the Lufkin area. I solved my wheel stud problem. I couldn't find any long enough locally for the Prowler so I took one to the local Yamaha dealership and compared it to what they had and wound up using Rhino studs. They were a little longer and the same thread as the Prowler. The only problem was the splines on the rhino studs were slightly larger so, I drilled the holes out by about 2 drill bit sizes larger and they worked great. Plenty long, and no bottoming out. Now if I break one, it'll be easy to get my hands on replacements here locally.
Glad it worked out .................:)

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Good to have someone from East Texas on the board. I have some family close to you. I am in Longview myself.

Understand about getting parts. Only complaint I have is no one around with the knowledge and parts. They just opened a dealer here, but they do not carry hardly very many parts. Actually had the brake pads for the rear axle which suprised the heck out of me.
True you will get more info off here than you will a A/C shop.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
That is another benefit of the forum, meeting new people! Great to find someone near you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts