Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 700 xtx (1100 miles). I took it to Moab a couple of weeks ago and it began sputtering at low speeds. I changed the plug and it did it at low and high speeds. 20 to 35 mph would run fine. I checked the air filter and it appeared overly dirty. I cleaned the filter and put on a light coat of oil. Still sputtering. What do I need to check next? :confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, common sense, I will give it a try. Is that an oem part or can I use any inline type filter.

Thanks,

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was making fun of myself as I should have thought of checking the fuel filter before posting for help. Thanks Mustanggeek for your help.

Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I don't think you will get a lot of help with a attitude like that!!
Especially for your 2nd post.
:cool:
Some people just don't have a since of humor

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, common sense, I will give it a try. Is that an oem part or can I use any inline type filter.

Thanks,
I knew what you meant sometimes the most basic things are the first to get overlooked, story of my life i think. Welcome to the site there are many people on here with a great knowledge of our cats.
tim

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome, I will post follow up when I get a new filter. I hope its an easy fix. If anyone can think of other things I need to check while im at it, please chime in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3/4 tank now, it was full of gas when I purchased it, put additional 3 gallons in Moab. Maybe bad gas or winter gas???? I think I may drain the tank and start with some fresh stuff.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check the exhaust pipe at the head. Mine was loose and ran as you described. Dont try to tighten it if you can afford a service tech to take the risk.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i know im hijacking this thread, but i had my muffler off and noticed that my exhaust pipe pivots loosely at the head. is that normal??? or should i be tightened????... (i promise never to hijack again) lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mine was like that, I put 2 round gaskets in it to get it tight. Be sure to do it when the engine is cold, if it is hot you can pull the threads out of the alum head pretty easy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just replaced the fuel filter, drained the gas tank and added 91 octaine and lucus injector cleaner. it runs alot better but I can still feel a stutter under 20 mph. mid and top end run great. I found the boot between the throtlebody and head cracked. I have one on order, hope this will fix it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That has crossed my mind. Ive never had a clutch issue and not sure what it feels like. Low speed/rpm it feels like it misses slightly. doesn't do it in neutral.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FIXED******
I noticed the throtlebody boot was cracked and ordered a new one. The new one is different then factory with one wide clamp instead of two small hose clamps. The crack was not all the way through the boot but when I replaced it today, runs like a champ again.

Something to check if you are having similar problems!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts