Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 AC Prowler 1000 XTZ and it revs high but will hardly move so I replaced the belt myself and while I had the cover off I sprayed some brake cleaner in there cleaning everything I could put it all back together and still am having the same issue I'm guessing that it has to be the clutch but am I missing something or maybe someone here has some tips or tricks that I don't know about any help will be much appreciated I really don't want to take it to the shop as I really can't afford a huge bill right now

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm sure the belt was fine, they last a long time. Unless it got wet or oil etc on it.

Does it move better in low range? It's more than likely the wet clutch. Move in 4wd but not 2? Not the wet clutch

The wet clutch can slip if the wrong oil is used or wear out from abuse. Abuse is really high miles, towing heavy in high range, large tires etc..

You won't now what parts you need until you pull it off. The only hard part for me was getting the Primary net off. Takes some serious torque, like a good impact and heat helps. I didn't put the one way bearing back in and that was a good choice for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run 10w30 full synthetic 4 stroke oil do you I don't know I'm thinking it's the clutch like I it revs high and won't go past 30mph

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure the belt was fine, they last a long time. Unless it got wet or oil etc on it.

Does it move better in low range? It's more than likely the wet clutch. Move in 4wd but not 2? Not the wet clutch

The wet clutch can slip if the wrong oil is used or wear out from abuse. Abuse is really high miles, towing heavy in high range, large tires etc..

You won't now what parts you need until you pull it off. The only hard part for me was getting the Primary net off. Takes some serious torque, like a good impact and heat helps. I didn't put the one way bearing back in and that was a good choice for me.
So I changed the oil, plugs, wires, and checked everything I could so I'm guessing that it's the clutch

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your oil needs to be a ATV/Motorcyle oil, not a car oil. Some diesel oil's are okay to. Such as Rotella 5w-40.

The additives in "car oils" cause the clutch to slip too much and wear out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your oil needs to be a ATV/Motorcyle oil, not a car oil. Some diesel oil's are okay to. Such as Rotella 5w-40.

The additives in "car oils" cause the clutch to slip too much and wear out.
Ok I will change out tomorrow and do you know off hand what size the secondary nut is it looks like 1½" or 1⅝" and of course the biggest socket I have is 1¼"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts