Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

XTZ 1000 Rear Axle Falling Out of differential? WTF?

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  sandchris 
#1 ·
I recently took a NEW XTZ 1000 to the dunes and did some minor duning.
When I arrived back at camp I noticed a large oil spill on the rear skid plate! After further investigation, I tracked down a gap between the differential housing and the inner cv assembly on the driver side. This is a bone stock suspension machine, has anyone else had axle problems from the factory assembly? Thanks for your input.

P.S. When I went to add Diff fluid I realized the fill plug was BARELY finger tight and was also leaking fluid! WTF? :mad:

#2 ·
whats up Travis yes lots of us have had the same problem ... take it back to the dealer and tell him you want the new WHITE Cvs and axles ... if you have any problems give me a call when im not on Vacation ,,,, johnny 602-284-2430

#3 ·
I havent had that problem yet but I just started to lower my seats and I found alot of loose bolts and missing screws. WTF My gas tank is not even straped down. Were these made by AMF? they screwed up harley for years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.