Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience/input good or bad about tracks on the Prowler XTZ1000? I picked up a set of Tiger Trax for my XTZ......a sneak peek.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
no experience but wish I did , love to have a set too

BUT if your doing that type of rides , IMHO you'll want some weather protection for sure, gets damn cold in heavy snow and ice conditions .. BTDT but without tracks.

also a precaution .. you'll be able to get where others can't so better gear up for just incase issues , food water fire making supplies recovery gear ect. ect.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no experience but wish I did , love to have a set too

BUT if your doing that type of rides , IMHO you'll want some weather protection for sure, gets damn cold in heavy snow and ice conditions .. BTDT but without tracks.

also a precaution .. you'll be able to get where others can't so better gear up for just incase issues , food water fire making supplies recovery gear ect. ect.

Yea, GT. We are well versed in survival in all conditions and disciplines. I been hunting Elk by mule in the Rockies for 27 years, been snowmobiling since I was a kid, lived in the harsh winters of Wisconsin for 59+ years. With all activity you can end up in a jam, been in them more than I care to say and will always have overnight gear to survive on board just in case. If a guy can make a fire IMO you can survive. And I'm not into the minus zero's thing! Would rather be home in front of a warm fire when it's like that!
Excited about the tracks just the same. I hear they rob power. Not looking to set speed records, just putt around on the forest roads or maybe ice fishing........ Oh, next addition will be a winch!

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
I think diesel racer has a set on his 1000! I understand they do hurt low end power, but Arctic Cat has a kit for the trax system. It is a 2mm spacer, and rollers for the clutch. I bought the kit, and I don't have trax! Could not pass up the price 12.00 dollars for spacer, and clutch rollers! Found mine on Ebay! they make 2 kits, one for the 1000, and the other for the 550,650, and 700's

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
good to to hear of experience level ... many don't have that level

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have the Tatou 4s on mine and the only issue which really isn't one is that it decreases your top speed to 60% of what you had with tires. I run mine in low range when I'm crawling through the woods or pulling the 6'x16' groomer drag.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Tatou 4s on mine and the only issue which really isn't one is that it decreases your top speed to 60% of what you had with tires. I run mine in low range when I'm crawling through the woods or pulling the 6'x16' groomer drag.

I'm bringing this old post back to the top. I'm wondering if Diesel Racer or anyone has not installed the clutch kit on the XTZ 1000 after installing tracks. Wondering how well it worked without the kit and after the installation........TIA

·
Registered
808 Posts
Never got into the clutches and the tracks work just fine but remember the drive cog is smaller than the over all size of your tires so that is reason of the 60% speed of normal speed. It also adds more torque overall like putting it in low range when you have tires. I think i explained it right ?

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Never thought about it that way, but makes sense! Love your XTZ! Lighting is impressive to say the least!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never got into the clutches and the tracks work just fine but remember the drive cog is smaller than the over all size of your tires so that is reason of the 60% speed of normal speed. It also adds more torque overall like putting it in low range when you have tires. I think i explained it right ?
So you didn't do the clutch kit? I have the tiger tracks kit and wonder if the cogs are the same size between kits? Hmmm

·
Administrator
7,232 Posts
Just broken in! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts