Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so i have my first problem with my Prowler. The other day I wasnt paying attention and I drove up on a log legth-wise and got high centered. Only the back driver wheel was touching the ground. I managed to tip the buggy and lifted it a little in front and slid it over to get the front driver side wheel on the ground some. So I engaged 4wd and locked it and figured I would be out...

Nope no lock, wife said she saw the front passenger-side tire spinning butdriver side def was not. So lock was def not working. I had to use my truck to pull it off the log. Now for the last couple of days it seems that my 4wd is def not engaging at all. I dont really now how to test this besides lifting up all 4 wheels but i tried to get front wheels spinning in a big mulch pile but all that would spin is rear.

Never had a prob with 4wd before getting high centerd on that log. Do you think I damaged the actuator or maybe axle pulled out some? I have never had any 4wd vechicle, so please try and explain with that understanding. Yes BTW i can hear both the Lock and 4wd making the proper noise when i switch them on. I would look under the Cat and check it out, but to be honest I wouldn't even know what to look for.

BTW I was only going about 5mph or so when i ran up on the log, i was actually just putting around my property.

Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty much figured its not working at this point chris. thanks ill try that though.

what could be the causes? again i was going low speed and had alot of weight in middle while high centerd. im thinking axel popped out partially? anyhtng else it could be. I know i didnt blow anything up or break an axel or antyhing like that.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
If it is a popped out axle you can fix that real easy. Just grab the stub axle at the diff side and see if it pops back into the diff. If the axle has popped out far enough to not work you will usually be leaking diff fluid. If it where me I would verify that it was not working first. Then the next thing I would check is the actuator. Like was stated earlier there has been a few that have had issues.
pretty much figured its not working at this point chris. thanks ill try that though.

what could be the causes? again i was going low speed and had alot of weight in middle while high centerd. im thinking axel popped out partially? anyhtng else it could be. I know i didnt blow anything up or break an axel or antyhing like that.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
491 Posts
the drivers side axle is usually the one that causes this . the acutator moves a collar over a small spline on the insde of the hub . shove it back in to the diff and see if it works again . if so order up new C-clips and orings . mine does it all the time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the drivers side axle is usually the one that causes this . the acutator moves a collar over a small spline on the insde of the hub . shove it back in to the diff and see if it works again . if so order up new C-clips and orings . mine does it all the time :rolleyes:
This is what i think happened. Ive been sick havent checked it today but I will soon and report back. Thanks for the help.

Ive seen people ordering extra o-rings or something. does this help to keep it from slipping out?

·
Registered
491 Posts
there is 2 tiny orings under the C clip that help expand the clip into the groove in the diff . if that is the problem you need to order up new clips and orings . order extras because the orings tear very ez when you try to remove or replace them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts