Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do I get the axle out of the differential? I know it's just a spring clip holding it, but I've been very forceful in trying to remove it with no luck. I used a slide hammer, and bent the slide hammer fixture. It seems like the axle is moving in and out of the differential about an 1/8 of an inch. Any tips will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
If you have the new axle inners with the white cups you plunge the axle inward towards the rear diff then yank in a snapping motion. Make sure the area behind you is clear for when you loose balance and fall over. Hold the axle near the inner cv boot with one hand and towards the outer portion with the other and plunge, yank, and pull. Should come out fairly easy. The second one you can use something like a socket on an extension and tap it through from the open side.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have plunged yanked and pulled for two days.... I guess i'll try the other side and then tap the stubborn side out.....Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Just have to get serious with it.
If the other side will come out yes popping it out with a hammer is by far the best way.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it has the white inner's, believe me i'm 360# 6'5" I have not been easy on it

·
Registered
110 Posts
If you have the new axle inners with the white cups you plunge the axle inward towards the rear diff then yank in a snapping motion. Make sure the area behind you is clear for when you loose balance and fall over. Hold the axle near the inner cv boot with one hand and towards the outer portion with the other and plunge, yank, and pull. Should come out fairly easy. The second one you can use something like a socket on an extension and tap it through from the open side.
That is the way to do it. Did you replace the axles at some point because I thought only the 11 had the new ones. Or did they come on the 10 too?

You have me confused because in your first post you said ring clip at the end........

Any way, hope you luck out soon.......

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Just cause you are big don't mean you have your man card!:D

Man up and pull them sob's out. LOL
It takes a certain finesse and the plunge inward is very important cause it has to recess the little balls that are under the c clip.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does have the white axle's. When I push in it goes all the way to the dust shield. Day three I'll try some more thanks.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
It does have the white axle's. When I push in it goes all the way to the dust shield. Day three I'll try some more thanks.
Try the other side and see if it comes out easier then use the hammer and tap trick to the difficult side. Most likely the balls are not going down or the c clip is stretched open and holding it in. There isn't much there to hold it so it should come out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts