Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2011 rear axle's fit into an 09 xtz?

I want strong axle's right out of the gate with my build.
Last thing I need is to do all this work and break a axle 1st time out.

The local dealer said the orig part #1502-562 is superseded to #1436-411

Which is not a "10 or 11" stock rear axle.

I have also heard the new 2011 axles are comparable to gorilla.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Will the 2011 rear axle's fit into an 09 xtz?

I want strong axle's right out of the gate with my build.
Last thing I need is to do all this work and break a axle 1st time out.

The local dealer said the orig part #1502-562 is superseded to #1436-411

Which is not a "10 or 11" stock rear axle.

I have also heard the new 2011 axles are comparable to gorilla.
I posted a reply but I deleted it. i will do some research on this and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I haven't seen anything that says they can or cannot cross over. The Differentials and the outer spindles are identical as are the hubs. But the 2011 takes a P/N 1502-801 for the rear axle and the 09/10 takes P/N 1436-411 for the rear axle.
I had 2010 rear axles on my 2009 XTZ before the rebuild. These are the new plunge style that don't pop out like the early ones did. The 2011's seem to be a bit heavier duty.
Like I said, I don't see anything that prevents it.
Do you have a dealer that would let you try a set of axles at his shop? Maybe he would like to know if they work, that way, if he needs to beef up another customer's XTZ with 2011 axles, he could...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our local dealer is pretty good about stuff like that. I'd be interested in the results to riddler my front left seems to have issues every now and again with piping loose

·
Registered
174 Posts
Next week I'm taking my '09 in. Very first ride, the axle popped out. Now my rear diff seeps oil all the time, and us empty after every trip. Talked to cat care, and they said they will upgrade my shafts to the new ones on warranty. They said they'd fit no prob.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Next week I'm taking my '09 in. Very first ride, the axle popped out. Now my rear diff seeps oil all the time, and us empty after every trip. Talked to cat care, and they said they will upgrade my shafts to the new ones on warranty. They said they'd fit no prob.
Please post a picture of the inner portion of the rear axles after they put them in. I would like to see if they are white or black. Thank you

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
so 2500+ miles and no axle issues , is this related to air time or just normal trail use ?? what brought your attention to the issue .. noise , traction , vibrations ???? need to catalogue it in my mind to watch for.

·
Registered
174 Posts
so 2500+ miles and no axle issues , is this related to air time or just normal trail use ?? what brought your attention to the issue .. noise , traction , vibrations ???? need to catalogue it in my mind to watch for.
what brought my attention to it was that my rear diff has leaked, or seeped,right from where the left shaft goes in,from day one. I never really thought much about it, till i read some info on here explaining about the newer shafts. I have never broke a rear shaft, so they are original to my machine, with about 2000+ miles. I called cat care with the issue, and they said they will replace with the new shafts, with the white things on the end.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Are you sure they are upgrading to the 2011 or to the 2010 axles? The standard warranty or fix for 2009s that had that problem is to put in the 2010 axles. In fact, the old axles aren't even available anymore. Not sure you'll get the 2011 axles though...

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Are you sure they are upgrading to the 2011 or to the 2010 axles? The standard warranty or fix for 2009s that had that problem is to put in the 2010 axles. In fact, the old axles aren't even available anymore. Not sure you'll get the 2011 axles though...
Darryl

That's why i wanted him to send some pictures when they are done. I am curious if the 2011 axles have white inners.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will probbibly order the 2011 axles from my dealer today.
I will try to snap off a pic of the inner. It will be a few weeks im sure.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Darryl

That's why i wanted him to send some pictures when they are done. I am curious if the 2011 axles have white inners.
Ah, like the 2010's. Good thinking. I'll have another 2011 here in the next couple of weeks I'm hoping, if it comes in, I'll check it out and see...

·
Registered
174 Posts
At the sportsman show on the weekend they had a 2011 xtz there, and they had the white inners. Cat care said thats the ones i was going to get. U never know though!

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
for what it's worth my 2011 has white cups.
Good to know. Can you measure the diameter of the axles you have on the 2011? And someone with the 2010 axles measure the diameter so we k ow the difference. I have 300m axles with the stock 2010 white cap inners. I am curious if the new axle has better cv cages.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an09 xtz. Just put the new updated half shaft on the front left with the white collar and new locking mechanism. Fit perfect. No issues. All the dealer said the update included was drivers side front. If it helps any body

1 - 20 of 21 Posts