Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was loading my xtz up on trailer for memorial weekend trip. I put it in reverse on trailer and gave a little gas and heard loud grinding noise and oil blew out all over trailer. I was on trailer when this happened. Wasn't hot rodding at all. Upon further inspection the case split. My buddies prowler did same thing but he was in mud. My quad is a year old and out of warranty. Arctic cat will not return my calls. If they don't step up to the plate I will be proud owner of rzr 900. I have had nothing but arctic cat for 15 years. Snowmobiles, quads, now side x sides. This is how they treat a customer who has spent $60,000 in last 6 years on toys. I have stock machine. What happened and how do I fix or better yet who can I contact at AC directly who will help me out.

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
what year is yours,and how many miles,it still should have not come apart.out of warranty probably gonna screw you,i hope not.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a 2011 with 900 miles. Mostly back road cruising miles. Arctic cat won't return my calls and the person I did talk to just transferred me to somebody else.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
After reading the "help us all" thread, it makes me afraid to ever own an AC 1000....... Sounds like they are letting the customers do the R&D on their own machines.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Arctic Cat should have sub contracted the engine to Can Am and put the 800 or the new 1000 Rotax motor in the Prowler and the Wildcat. The motors have a separate transmission and much better internals. also there are lots of aftermarket companies that make cool **** for them. Oh and they don't have a wet clutch.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts
Arctic Cat should have sub contracted the engine to Can Am and put the 800 or the new 1000 Rotax motor in the Prowler and the Wildcat. The motors have a separate transmission and much better internals. also there are lots of aftermarket companies that make cool **** for them. Oh and they don't have a wet clutch.
I drove the Can Am 1000 Commander the other day really like the machine but not sure if I like the fact from stop the clutch has a delay before you move. Not the smoothest engagement. Other than that yes they make great engines

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was loading my xtz up on trailer for memorial weekend trip. I put it in reverse on trailer and gave a little gas and heard loud grinding noise and oil blew out all over trailer. I was on trailer when this happened. Wasn't hot rodding at all. Upon further inspection the case split. My buddies prowler did same thing but he was in mud. My quad is a year old and out of warranty. Arctic cat will not return my calls. If they don't step up to the plate I will be proud owner of rzr 900. I have had nothing but arctic cat for 15 years. Snowmobiles, quads, now side x sides. This is how they treat a customer who has spent $60,000 in last 6 years on toys. I have stock machine. What happened and how do I fix or better yet who can I contact at AC directly who will help me out.
sounds like a story i posted awhile back. mine was under ext warr so they replaced the entire eng assy for a late build 2011 or newer that has a stronger case and trans. but during the 7 weeks it was down a new rzr xp showed up in my garage. while i was plenty happy with my prowler (1800 mi trouble free) it doesnt compare to the XP,except for storage space,i miss that. but i dont miss the noise or suspension. but we arent comparing apples to apples here either. our cat dealer here is better then all others and i really wanted a wildcat but when the settled on this eng instead of the z1 turbo sled eng with seperate trans i had to bow out. and that was after 8 sleds,3 quads and 2 prowlers.:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well arctic cat lost a customer. I bought a 2012 rzr 900 4 seater limited edition. Sweet machine and if arctic cat would've helped me or at least returned my calls I would own a wildcat but they r to busy for me I guess

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Well arctic cat lost a customer. I bought a 2012 rzr 900 4 seater limited edition. Sweet machine and if arctic cat would've helped me or at least returned my calls I would own a wildcat but they r to busy for me I guess
Good choice of machines. You will be very happy with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts