Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 xtz case broke. What is worst case scenario cost to replace and fix? Cat won't do a damn thing been fighting for months. I bought an RZR already just need to fix to get rid of cat. I have been cat for life quads, sleds, and sxs and they won't do anything to help. I will pay all labor and can't even get them to send parts. They tell me they never heard of it happening. BS. I'm done with cat for the time being. I want mine fixed and get rid of it before it breaks again. I was loading quad on trailer when it broke. Heading for a weekend ride. If I was stuck in mud beating it I'd pay up. Loading on a trailer is a joke. Cat talked to me like I was a joke. I've bought 60,000 in cat stuff in past 12 years and don't mean **** to them. I'm anti Polaris but I have to give credit where it's due. 1500 miles on xp and no problems and as much as it used to hurt to say it xp smokes wildcat. I have a 4 seater and my buddies wildcat can't touch it. Loved my cat until this and cats service turned me away. Sorry to vent but cat has made this terrible for me. How much to fix case and any internal parts. Thanks

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Your Polaris will break to if your done with Arctic Cat move on. The grass isnt always greener on the other side.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Please we do feel bad about your Cat but please dont come on here saying how great your Popo is and saying it can beat a Wildcat we dont care for that kind of talk post it on a Popo forum. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Please we do feel bad about your Cat but please dont come on here saying how great your Popo is and saying it can beat a Wildcat we dont care for that kind of talk post it on a Popo forum. Good Luck
I agree,they all break even if your loading it on a trailor,a friend of mine just bought a new rzr-s rear end tore up within 300 miles he was driving down gravel road. now the shop is blaming him for it.2013 model,sounds like its gonna cost you to send the xtz down the road.hope your rzr isn't built in mexico.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I came off as a Polaris fan considering i said I'm not a Polaris fan. I bought a 4 seat or rzr cuz its only performance sxs with 4 seats for kids. I was die hard cat for years and bought alot of new machines. And I guarantee if cat talked to u the way I was treated u wouldn't have much use for them either. My family has toured arcticcat factory for a vacation. I never thought cat would back out on fixing their product when it's a serious problem that needs a recall. Truth is rzr is faster than wildcat and yeah they all break but how many break case that's an pretty big problem. Axles, belts, stuff like that I can deal with. Case no I still stood behind cat thinking they would make it right considering when it broke it wasn't a year old. U can be as loyal as u want with cat and I can respect that but go thru what I did with them and be talked to like I was and tell me how great they are. I even told cat I would buy a new wildcat if they let me trade it in and fix it. They provide parts I pay labor. Nope. Bottom line is I was asking how much it would take to fix it and it turned Into a pissing match about my Polaris. I will get my info elsewhere. Sorry I brought it up.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well I can tell you Arctic Cat didnt pay for my blown engine either so I got over it and bought a new engine I live my Prowler I would NEVER buy a garzr with their diff problems bent frames bad engines ball joints wheel bearings. Venting about problems is ok but dont come on a Prowler forum talking about how great a popo is because they arent much better.

·
Founding Member
3,867 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Catman4u,
I am sorry to hear about your problem. It seems like Arctic Cat and other manufactures are quick to run away from taking care of customers when there product fails. I hope the Polaris works out better for your family. Take care and hope you check back in with us some time.
Kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Im not mad! I just dont like Arctic Cat bashing When a person buys something thats isnt any better.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Doesn't hurt to talk about problems with service or why they did what they did either. I didn't see any Cat bashing on this thread just a loyal Cat customer who didn't feel he was treated fairly. Nothing to get all fired up about when someone has a hard time with trying to get service and isn't satisfied.
Mitch

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Doesn't hurt to talk about problems with service or why they did what they did either. I didn't see any Cat bashing on this thread just a loyal Cat customer who didn't feel he was treated fairly. Nothing to get all fired up about when someone has a hard time with trying to get service and isn't satisfied.
Mitch
Well you didnt read the post then.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles with your Cat. Wish I could afford to take it off your hands. I'd rebuild it myself. I say more power to you if you are happy with your Polaris. I personally have no brand loyalty. I own my Cat because I received a deal on it. I could have just as easily been a Yamaha, Polaris, Can-Am, or Kawasaki SxS owner if the deal was right. Haven't had ownership of my Cat long enough to praise it or bash it. I have had a Polaris ATV for years with no issues. I hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well you didnt read the post then.
I don't wanna get in any heated debate over it, we all know you love your cat and I love mine too. I'm just saying that yes, be careful not to start praising one brand over the other and I totally agree with you Joe, no questions there. I guess the one thing I can sympathize with him is that he didn't feel like he was treated like an important customer when he voiced his concerns. I don't think this is Cat as a company I just think the person he was in contact with there wasn't very accomodating to his needs and concerns. It would have been so easy for them to help him out even a little and he would have continued to support their brand. Thats all. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again.... This site makes owning a Cat Prowler worth it! :) all the support and solutions to problems however minor or major they might be is amazing and the best customer support i've had regardless of brand.. and YES Joe, I count you in this group for sure! you've helped me and lots of others out in the past.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I would like to say that it is ok to vent when you have a problem, But being a Chevy/Ford tech at a dealer most peoples response when something breaks and it isnt covered that manufacture SUCKS even thou 75% of the time it was the owners fault. Things break they are made by man, Man isnt perfect. If you are not happy with the results please move on, It dosent pay to come on a AC site and say you bought a Polaris because AC wont fix you Cat, that dosent solve anything. So all I am saying from years of listening to customers say Chevy sucks Ford sucks I have no understanding for people that do it. You bought another brand Best of luck to you. Move on.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would like to say that it is ok to vent when you have a problem, But being a Chevy/Ford tech at a dealer most peoples response when something breaks and it isnt covered that manufacture SUCKS even thou 75% of the time it was the owners fault. Things break they are made by man, Man isnt perfect. If you are not happy with the results please move on, It dosent pay to come on a AC site and say you bought a Polaris because AC wont fix you Cat, that dosent solve anything. So all I am saying from years of listening to customers say Chevy sucks Ford sucks I have no understanding for people that do it. You bought another brand Best of luck to you. Move on.
I Understand where you're coming from now Joe... it's all about how its said and I agree with your take on it. now.. moving on.. how's the new motor performing for ya? ready to do any mods or you gonna run stock for a while?

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
joe I cant complain I have both. articcat/honda chevy/ford.......:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I don't wanna get in any heated debate over it, we all know you love your cat and I love mine too. I'm just saying that yes, be careful not to start praising one brand over the other and I totally agree with you Joe, no questions there. I guess the one thing I can sympathize with him is that he didn't feel like he was treated like an important customer when he voiced his concerns. I don't think this is Cat as a company I just think the person he was in contact with there wasn't very accomodating to his needs and concerns. It would have been so easy for them to help him out even a little and he would have continued to support their brand. Thats all. I've said it in the past and I'll say it again.... This site makes owning a Cat Prowler worth it! :) all the support and solutions to problems however minor or major they might be is amazing and the best customer support i've had regardless of brand.. and YES Joe, I count you in this group for sure! you've helped me and lots of others out in the past.

Mitch
I didnt feel to good about my engine not being warranty either. Oh well

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I Understand where you're coming from now Joe... it's all about how its said and I agree with your take on it. now.. moving on.. how's the new motor performing for ya? ready to do any mods or you gonna run stock for a while?
Man its running too good to do an ything with I know people must think I am nuts But this engine will out run the old one when it was new!

·
Premium Member
8,040 Posts
Man its running too good to do an ything with I know people must think I am nuts But this engine will out run the old one when it was new!
Thats good joe,should even do a little bit better when it gets broke in.no warranty at all I thought at least 3 months.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts