Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
compression

The reason I'am asking is I took it the dealer for a full service. After last trip I went to clean my air filter and there was no oil on it. It was caked with dry dirt. The intake side was covered with oil and dirt. I pulled the intake tube and found dirt inside the throttle body.The little oil catch thingy was full of oil.
Called the dealer and he said bring in and we will check it out,basically check comp.
The manual says 75-85 front and 120-130 rear.I checked it and got 115 front and 165 rear.doesn't make sense.
I'm worried about all the dirt that has gone into the motor.
Thats a big difference between the book and my test

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
yep, Can you just do a top end? or do you think the dirt got in the case?

how much for a top end? is it worth doing it now or running it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the dealer should do the top end, but hes gonna say the compression is fine.
It just pisses me of.
Any luck on yours rick?

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
I am just looking at the manual I have down loaded to my desk top, the adobe file is huge or I would post it up. I am not a engine guy but it looks like there are a bunch of head bolts on that thing???

·
Registered
463 Posts
I dont either but I have worked on many older Harleys and they are a little different becouse of intake track length. but these look the same. It must be something in the valve train.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow !!! Good thing i found out here before i checked it on my own , my heart would have dropped... And would sh-t myself!!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plumb101.
I see you live in Lakeside, I,m in ramona.
Well have to hook up and go riding.

roger
619-520-2389

1 - 12 of 12 Posts