Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, i have a 2009 xtz, with about 1400km on it, and got a brand new top engine half about 2 months ago, and when i am on a flat trail, i have good power, not great, but when i get in mud or water, i lose all my bottom end power. Does that mean my primary clutch is messing up?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, just seen what the SLD is, and not even close to being electronics!! Ha ha! I think that part is fine, i can hear it when i try to do donuts. I believe it is something electrical, but i have no idea. It sure sucks though, having a 1000 xtz and little or no power when i get a load under it. Took a new 1000 commander for a ride today and that thing slays my xtz.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had the bevel gears blow, and they replaced a whole whack of stuff in the engine, and a month later it blew again. They then give me a new top end, but still used all the original clutching, tranny and stuff like that.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
That is smart to take it back to them. I am leaning more towards timing or compression problems though. And if the top end is new a few things could be going on. First if if had synthetic oil in it when the rings were new they wont seat. Second if the rings were not installed properly it wont have good compression. Third the valve timing. These three things can make it lazy on the bottom but still run marginal on top. I think if it was me I would pull the crankcase breather hose and see how much pressure is coming out of that hose.
Hopefully when you take it back they find something easy. I could be way off and it be the clutching.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
not sure if this was asked, But are you watching your rpms? make sure they are at 7100 or so, seems like with the stock clutch these things dont pull hills as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts