Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reverse only works sometimes any ideas its not the linkage i allready checked that. it makes a grinding noise sometimes when i put it in reverse and other times it goes in with no problem

·
Registered
199 Posts
reverse only works sometimes any ideas its not the linkage i allready checked that. it makes a grinding noise sometimes when i put it in reverse and other times it goes in with no problem
Its the linkage. Mine mysteriously started doing it when I got it back from the shop. So I need to check it out now. Shouldn't be a big deal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah, there is no linkage in the system, it is like a brake cable. Mine was a ***** to adjust, but once you set it up properly, works like a charm. The best way i found was to take it all apart, set the cable so that it is even on both sides, put it all back together, and it all worked great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only adjustment is under the shifter itself on the XTZ. Like the poster above said, it is like a brake cable and you can adjust it under the shifter. I found it easiest to loosen the top nut, slide the cable out make the adjustment on the adjustment nut, slide it back in and tighted the lock nut again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried adjusting their and didnt work. i even un hooked the cable from the transmission and reached back and tried by hand and it would only work sometimes. is the another adjustment internally that i can do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think thats what i was moving fidds and i still didnt go in all the time. but when it does go in it works perfectly fine so i dont think theirs a problem in the tranny itself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts