Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the pre-filter a dry filter or oiled filter?

I've got a spare coming and want to be sure

·
Registered
32 Posts
The pre-filter was dry on mine. Then after service from the dealer they put oil on it. I am now running it with oil and it really keeps the air box filter a lot cleaner.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I asked my dealer the same question and he told me it was a dry filter.. I'm going to start using a little bit of the spray on oil on mine tho..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I thought the one in it was dry but couldn't recall and crappy weather kept me from checking.

I'll be picking mine up today, I'll see what dealer says but like the idea of a light coating of oil on it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked with the mechanic and he made a very good point.

Depending on what conditions you ride in, leaving it dry is better for dusty trails as if you try to filter all the air at the pre-filter by oiling it you will be loosing air rapidly on such a small filter.

I'll be leaving it dry and let the main filter grab the finer particles.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Talked with the mechanic and he made a very good point.

Depending on what conditions you ride in, leaving it dry is better for dusty trails as if you try to filter all the air at the pre-filter by oiling it you will be loosing air rapidly on such a small filter.

I'll be leaving it dry and let the main filter grab the finer particles.
Ya, good point.. I guess the real reason the prefilter is there is to keep out the big stuff.. my main filter stays fairly clean anyhow with my new snorkel setup..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts