Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a service bulletin today for all 2009 XTZs. It is for the water pump seals to be changed out with a new updated seal, so if you have one get a hold of your dealer to get in line to get your seals changed.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm hoping the coolant smell I have is water pump seals. I complained at my 1st service of a coolant smell and they told me they didn't see any leaks. :confused: The leak must be very small due to the fact I haven't had to add any coolant. Sure glad I have the extended service contract on my unit. I'm being a good boy and not modified my XTZ like I did with the Rhino I owned. (The Rhino really needed it unlike the XTZ ;))

·
Registered
277 Posts
Had mine replaced already too. Maybe we'll see a Service Bulletin for faulty head gaskets next?????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine is at the dealer right now getting the shocks replaced under warranty. Called them and they are going to do the seals now too.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Today, I got to the point I was going to start and run my XTZ for a little while and check out the various mods that I have completed so far. I have not yet driven my Prowler. It had 4 miles on it when I bought it and it still has 4 miles.

After running for a few minutes, I noticed a coolant puddle forming under the left front of the motor. I cleaned the puddle and started over. A steady drip is coming from the water pump. I guess I will be looking at my first warranty fix before I get my 1st ride in.

Does anyone have the tech bulletin number, just in
case I get some grief.

Also, I bought my XTZ at a motorcycle dealer about 45 miles away. Bass Pro Shops is half as far and they said they would do warranty on it. Anyone use Bass Pro Shops for service?

·
Registered
682 Posts
as far as the rear seals go, i had a 06 650xt that blew seals out evertime i went out. I think its all about the venting of the diff. I changed up my vent on my XTZ and not a problem one. Thanks to the guys on this forum.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Terry,
The bulletin number for the water pump seal is 2010-6-01 issued on November 4, 2009. The replacement seal kit is p/n 0437-068.
Hope this helps....

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Terry,
The bulletin number for the water pump seal is 2010-6-01 issued on November 4, 2009. The replacement seal kit is p/n 0437-068.
Hope this helps....

It does & will. Thank you, Darryl. I have an appointment at my selling dealer next Sat. I told him about the 90 mile drive and he said he would do it while I wait. He was going to look into the parts needed on Mon. I will give him a call and give him this info.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Is there a link or can someone post any recall info or service bulletin info for the 2011 / 2012 xtz?

I heard there is a updated flash for the ecm, also the wildcat guys are talking about a oil line and some clutch cover info.

Curious if it applies to my xtz.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is there a link or can someone post any recall info or service bulletin info for the 2011 / 2012 xtz?

I heard there is a updated flash for the ecm, also the wildcat guys are talking about a oil line and some clutch cover info.

Curious if it applies to my xtz.

Thanks
None of the Wildcat product modifications relate to the XTZs. The oil line thing is related to some Wildcats coming from the factory without enough line clamps to keep the hose from flopping around. The clutch cover is related to improper dowel pins the locate the belt housing and keep if from flexing around. Just some housekeeping in the production department, nothing major and not related to any other machines.

Not sure about the ECU reflash, I do know that there were some issues related to ECUs on power steering units. Your local dealer can check your machine for any needed product modifications or updates. Contact your local dealer for that.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They are saying that my machine needs the re-flash but they do not have the tool.

??????? any input should they have this?

They are telling me they are waiting for the tool something about not having enough from the factory?

I am throwing the P6035 code alot!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
They are saying that my machine needs the re-flash but they do not have the tool.

??????? any input should they have this?

They are telling me they are waiting for the tool something about not having enough from the factory?

I am throwing the P6035 code alot!
I had posted about the P0635 code. It's power steering related, it the battery power drops down, or you leave the key on without it running for 5 minutes or more, or several other things, it'll throw that code. There is a service bulletin out on it.
Do a search on P0635 code... I posted the contents of the bulletin..

Bulletin is Arctic Cat Shop Talk Bulletin Vol. 7, Issue 1.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yeah I read it and was curious as to any more service bulletin's related to my machine.
I can be riding the machine solid then shut off to eat or talk then re-start and no power steering with the P6035 code.

I am getting pretty irretated with shutting off my machine and restarting several times to get the code to clear.

The re-flash should help that from what I have read.

Now I have to wait for them to get the tool to do the re-flash.

I was just curious if this is a tool they should have on hand or if they really is a back-order of sort on this tool?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts