Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

xtz shocks

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  GTroyer 
#1 ·
Looking for a set of good used aftermarket shocks for my xtz.

WalkerEvans - fox - king - elka

#2 ·
I put Fox air shocks on my prowler front and rear gained travel as well as an excellent ride. They handle jumps like a dune buggy very soft landing and work great on hard surfaces and woopty doos, There is a guy selling these new left overs on Ebay for 149.00 each, a steel I think plus they look cool on anything.

#3 ·
I forgot to tell you it may take a few times filling them with nitrogen to get the ride the way you want it I had to change mine three times at $65 a fill to get it the way I wanted it. Even then my rear cv's made noise for a few miles untill they got used to a new angle. But I have never been happier.

#9 ·
Rear shocks use the stock location on the bottom and I made mounts for the top.
As you can see the front took a bit longer and the shocks are 2.0 I have limit straps to keep from extending to far. and 420lbs in each shock. It seemed like I needed more nitrogen for two riders and less for one but to expensive to change all the time so I leave with more pressure. It took three hours to install new shocks and mounts. The best thing I ever did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.