Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't find anything. I have done some research and can't find what I am looking for so I thought I would post here. I am in MN and want to purchase an XTZ. I can get a great deal on one but I was told that I wouldn't be able to ride or register it in MN. Can anyone confirm this or point me to the right direction? I was told that because the motor is too big it doesn't fit into some of the guide lines they have. Again, I am sorry if this has already been discussed. thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I was thinking. how would they know if just told them it was a 700 or 650. I don't know if that would work or now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i don't know if it works the same down there, but here in Ontario when you register a vehicle they need the vin. number, and by this they can tell what size machine it is in most cases.....but hey, it sure won't hurt to try !!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
mntackle, i to from mn, they changed the restrictions on engine from 800 cc to 960 cc. the xtz is under that so enjoy your ride. goto mn dnr offroad vehicle registration

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that's good news! I thought I was going to have to settle for the 700.(that's not a bad thing) I just thought if I am going to buy one it might as well be the biggest!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts