Arctic Cat Prowler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I live in the upper penninsula of Michigan where I was born and raised. I can ride right from my door, typically we ride on saturdays are group can get pretty big sometimes (about 30 utv's,atv's) but normally it is about 6-10 utv's 12- 20 people we got some of the best riding here in the country. I have a Delorme pn 40 gps that is loaded with tracks no need to worry about it getting dark any more. If ya ever get a chance to get up this way dont worry you wont be disapointed.

I tried to attach a cool mudhole pic but it wont let me (need 15 posts) I will upload some pics to my profile.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Cool Pics.

·
Registered
104 Posts
hey there where bouts in the UP i live in Rudyard and am planning a ride on Drummond Island this spring some great trails.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in Marquette, I looked at the trail system on D.I it looks cool I also caught a atv show that was filmed over there, when are you doing it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Duke how do like that HDX I test drove one this past fall I am gonna get one more summer on mine then I am gonna get the HDX I need the bench seat, my little guy can ride one more year in the car seat mounted on the engine cowl.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What kind of trails up there? Hills, mud, woods, highspeed? Im in N.E. Oho and was thinking about a trip up there this spring but didnt want to go o the dunes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The trails are anything u want from mud to kinda high speed to rocks. Ive been happy with the HDX so far i also got it cause of the bench seat for the little guy. my brother has the new ranger there are pros and cons to both but the big thing i noticed is he has almost 5 more inches of seat width. I let you know this spring after a winter with tracks and a spring of riding. not sure when were planning on the ride prob late april or early may.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes you named it all, we have a lot of public land up here we got a lot of power lines that have the bad mud and we have alot of federal land that have really smooth trails so you can hold er to the boards all day long and yes it is all woods with wolves,mountain lions, moose, deer and bear I know a few trails that I can see moose almost every time I go, there is areas here where you can go 50 miles and not have any cell phone service at all if you go to sno goers magazine web site the UP has got the best trail system in the country but some of the trails are blocked off
in the summer time ,(but there is always a way around) last summer was the best year I have ever seen because we would get rain every week and the dust would not be bad but I still say the best time to ride is in the rain. If you make a trip up here let me know that you are coming I will show you some cool trails, I ride almost every saturday.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice maybe we will come up this spring

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gas Line

Family 021.jpg
This mud hole has drowned a few bikes over the years trucks with 44" tires beat it up all the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys the ride on Drummond this spring is going to be May 14 it looks like we we'll meet at the bakery for breakfast around 8 and the ride will start about 9. The boat leaves the mainland on the 20 too. So 7:40 or 8:40. My email is [email protected] let me know of interest and i will get you the details.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts